- Applicant must be a Turner High School Senior who completed the last (4) years in the Turner Unified School District.
- Applicant must have a current GPA of 2.70 (B- average).
- Applicant must have a current or past affiliation with the Turner Recreation Commission including participation in TRC programs.
- Applicant must have performed both of the following services during their Turner High School years of attendance for the Turner Recreation Commission:
- Served as an employee for TRC in any capacity (field maintenance, sports official, camp counselor, etc.) and is currently or left on good standings with TRC.
- Volunteered a minimum of 20 hours for TRC.
- Applicant must write a short summary as to why they feel they earned the Arthur C. Waugh scholarship and how it will benefit their future education goals.
- Applicant must submit a written/typed recommendation from a non-family member as to why they feel the applicant is deserving of the Arthur C. Waugh scholarship.
- Applicants must return this application and a copy of their transcript to the Turner High School guidance office by Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
All applications are forwarded to the Turner Recreation Commission office for selection at the Turner Recreation Commission May board meeting. The Turner Recreation Commission Board will notify the Turner High School guidance office of the scholarship recipient(s).
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Turner High School Awards Ceremony. Turner Recreation Commission has up to five individual scholarships of up to $500.00 that will be awarded to the top five qualifying applicants that apply.
Scholarship recipients will receive a letter of congratulations from the Turner Recreation Commission containing instructions on how the recipients can obtain their scholarship. The scholarship funds will be submitted directly to the recipient’s future attending college/continuing education institute. Recipients also receive an official scholarship certificate from the Turner Recreation Commission.
Click here to apply.