Turner Aquatic Center
2211 S. 55th Street
Kansas City, KS 66106
AM Lap Swimming: Monday - Friday, 5am - 10am
PM Lap Swimming: Monday - Thursday, 6pm - 8pm
Open Swim: Saturday - Sunday, 12pm - 6pm
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Halloween (close at 5:00 PM)
- Day Before Thanksgiving (close at 5:00 PM)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Facility Age Requirement -All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (18 yrs. or older) at all times. Children who cannot swim must be accompanied by an adult in the water with them.
- Proper Attire- A swimsuit is required in order to swim in the swimming pool. A shirt/shorts are NOT considered proper swimwear. Swim diapers are required for all children that are not toilet trained.
- Refunds- Turner Aquatic Center does NOT issue cash refunds. In the event a program is canceled, a credit will be issued to the participant's account. We will not issue credits or refunds for daily admissions.
- Weather Policy- Turner Aquatic Center clears the pool in the event of severe weather including thunder, lightning, and tornado watches/warnings. The pool is closed for at least 30 minutes from the last visible sign of lightning or until the watch/warning has expired.
- Life jackets must be USCG approved.
- Appropriate swimwear required (swimsuits MUST be worn at all times)
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult at least 18 years old AT ALL TIMES.
- Diving board rules must be followed at all times as posted in the facility.
- Flotation devices are not allowed.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only.
- Lifeguards have the FINAL authority.
- No food or drink allowed inside the pool area.
- No infections, deep cuts, or open sores permitted.
- No rough play: dunking, shoulder sitting, etc.
- No running.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the premises.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
- Underwater breath-holding or any games that involve such is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The use of profanity and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Failure to comply with any of the above-stated rules may lead to an automatic dismissal from the facility!