Turner Aquatic Center
2211 S. 55th Street
Kansas City, KS 66106
Hours of Operation: Effective: 8/16/20
We are temporarily operating with adjusted hours:
The Aquatic Center is open with limited capacity and the following restrictions:
- Lap Pool – Eight total, one patron per lane, one lifeguard, and one roving lifeguard. Allowing for one person per lane. Click here for more lap swim information!
- The following locker room rules must be followed by all patrons:
- Starting Tuesday, October 20th men’s and women’s locker rooms are available for our patrons to change out of their swimsuits. Patrons should still arrive "ready to swim" and wear clothes over their swimming attire.
- Showers are available if patrons decide to use them.
- A maximum of four women are allowed in the women’s locker room and a maximum of four men are allowed in the men’s locker room at a time.
- If a patron wants to change after swimming they will get a card that has a number(1, 2, 3, or 4) on it when they check-in at the front desk. This is on a first come first serve basis!
- If the locker rooms are at maximum capacity patrons must wait in the lobby until there is availability.
- Restrooms are available, they should not be used to change out of or into swimsuits.
- No group workout classes.
- No birthday parties, private or public.
- No swimming lessons private or group.
- No toys of any kind either here at the facility or brought in by patrons.
- Patrons must wear swimwear to the facility and dress over the swim attire as they exit.
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Halloween (close at 5:00 PM)
- Day Before Thanksgiving (close at 5:00 PM)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Information & Policies
- Facility Age Requirement -All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (18 yrs or older) at all times. Children who cannot swim must be accompanied by an adult in the water with them.
- Proper Attire- A swimsuit is required in order to swim in the swimming pool. A shirt/shorts are NOT considered proper swimwear. Swim diapers are required for all children that are not toilet trained.
- Refunds- Turner Aquatic Center does NOT issue cash refunds. In the event a program is canceled, a credit will be issued to the participant's account. We will not issue credits or refunds for daily admissions.
- Weather Policy- Turner Aquatic Center clears the pool in the event of severe weather including thunder, lightning, and tornado watches/warnings. The pool is closed for at least 30 minutes from the last visible sign of lightning or until the watch/warning has expired.
- Life jackets must be USCG approved.
- Appropriate swimwear required (swimsuits MUST be worn at all times)
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult at least 18 years old AT ALL TIMES.
- Diving board rules must be followed at all times as posted in the facility.
- Flotation devices are not allowed.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only.
- Lifeguards have the FINAL authority.
- No food or drink allowed inside the pool area.
- No infections, deep cuts, or open sores permitted.
- No rough play: dunking, shoulder sitting, etc.
- No running.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the premises.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
- Underwater breath-holding or any games that involve such is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The use of profanity and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Failure to comply with any of the above-stated rules may lead to an automatic dismissal from the facility!